A snow filled Sunday

A snow filled Sunday
Church cancelled because of snow. 1/20/09

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Difficult Update

I have not updated our Blog for two years because I could not bring myself to say that George died. Since that time, I have dedicated my time to connecting with our wonderful Grandchildren and helping our seven, sensational children and their spouses which are like our own children. After Dad died suddenly, March 2nd, 2009, our home in Northborough, Massachusetts sold. Two of our sons, Patrick and Will, were still living at home and helping me. I decided to retire from teaching in Worcester, MA and move to Michigan where my dear husband was interned. I don't remember much about the move as Will did most of the work cleaning us out. Patrick and I were working right up until the moving van arrived but we teamed together with our Northborough Ward members and somehow a full moving van and three filled vehicles travelled from Northborough, MA to Michigan. The move was a miracle and one of the many tender mercies which I believe George helps us with. Since Dad died, we have felt his help in so many ways, Brad passed his CFA examinations and received his charter. Patrick was readmitted to Brigham Young University to complete his studies, Will passed the Connecticut and Utah Bar examinations and was accepted into the Army Judge Advocate Corps as a reservist. Rob graduated from BYU with honors and was accepted into the University Of Chicago's Law School. Both Brad/Lisa and Wally/Rachel were able to purchase homes that met their family needs. Amanda has been able to be a full time Mom thanks to Duncan's work. Both Brad and Duncan work in the financial industry and have been successful in maintaining their professions in this most difficult financial atmosphere. The same with Walter whose profession as an architect has been heavily hit by the recession. We feel Dad's guiding influence and we are so grateful for his incredible example and continual concern for all of us. We love him so much.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Mom! What a sweet update. I love you and can't wait to see you in 2.5 weeks!! Thank you for spending so much of your time making sure that we all are ok. We really appreciate your love and support. Thank you!

Turkey Poults

Turkey Poults