A snow filled Sunday

A snow filled Sunday
Church cancelled because of snow. 1/20/09

Monday, December 1, 2014

The Lost Locket

My grandmother, Myrtle Buist Smith, living in Brigham City, Utah, gave me a locket when I was about eight years old. We had been vacationing in Utah and it was time to go back to our home in Sagainaw, Michigan. Just before we left, Grandma Myrtle went into her jewelry box and found a special locket which she gave to me. It was gold on a gold chain, it was engraved with a delicate floral design, the clip on the side opened the inside which contained a picture of my grandmother and grandfather. Attached to the bottom was a natural pearl which was not symmetrical. I wore it as we drove to the Grand Canyon a slight detour on our way home. At the Hoover Dam, a guard rail lined the viewing area. I looked over the rail to see the vast amount of water flowing down the dam. As I pulled my head back, the chain of my locket caught on the guard rail and broke while the special locket fell down to the rushing water and ravine below. I have never forgotten the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon because of their vast magnificence and also for the loss of my locket. Love, Grammy, Mimi, Dammy

No comments:

Turkey Poults

Turkey Poults